Porto Airport Buses
Porto airport offers good bus routes across the city and to the surrounding areas. These are served by local SCTP buses and also a number of private bus services. The private buses are clean and reliable, but they generally cost more than the SCTP buses.
The bus stop is located on the ground floor of the terminal, in front of the arrivals hall, so it is very easy to find. It is well signposted, but just head towards the exit and turn right; the buses will be in front of you.
There is a tourist information office located in the arrivals hall that can provide full information on current timetables on all buses, but a summary can be found below.
Local SCTP Buses
The most popular SCTP bus is the 601, which runs from the airport to Cordoaria in the city centre. This run between 05:30 and 23:30 daily, and departs the airport at intervals between 20 and 30 minutes. The journey takes approximately 30 minutes. Tickets are very reasonable at €1.90 for a single ticket for the complete route, but prices are based on the destination, so if you are stopping at a station closer to the airport, the price will be slightly less.
The SCTP bus lines offered are as follows:
- Line 601: Airport to Cordoaria - This route is in operation between 05:30 and 00:30 at intervals between 20 and 30 minutes. The popular stations on this route include Pedras Rubras, Exponor, Rotunda A.E.P., Casa da Música, Bom Sucesso, Boavista, Praça Galiza and Cordoaria.
- Line 602: Airport to Cordoaria, via Padrão Moreira - This route is in operation between 05:30 and 00:30 at a frequency of approximately 25 minutes. The popular stations on this route include Pedras Rubras, Ponte de Moreira, Padrão da Légua, Monte dos Burgos, Carolina Michaelis and Cordoaria
- Line 604: Airport to São João Hospital, via Maia - This route is in operation between 06:00 and 21:00 at a frequency of approximately 30 minutes. The popular stations on this route include Pedras Rubras, Crestins, Padrão Moreira, Maia Zoo, Vasco da Gama, Ponte da Pedra and S. João Hospital.
- Line 3M: Airport to Av. dos Aliados - This is a night time bus operating between 00:30 and 05:30 at a frequency of approximately 60 minutes. The popular stations on this route include Pedras Rubras, Ponte de Moreira, Padrão da Légua, Monte dos Burgos, Carolina Michaelis, Trindade and Av. Aliados.
For fares, timetables and route information, you can visit the STCP website at www.stcp.pt.
Independent Shuttle Bus Services
- 100 Rumos – This company offers a low-cost door-to-door shuttle service that runs between the airport and the city centre. Fares start at €9.00 per person for a one-way trip for a group of 1 or 3 people, €7.00 per person for 3 to 7 people or €6.00 per person for a group of 8 or more. You can book at 100rumos.com/en.
- Autna Vigo Bus – This company makes four trips on weekdays, and two trips on weekends, between the airport and Vigo, in Galicia Spain. A one-way trip takes 1 hour 45 minutes and will cost €12.00. A return ticket will cost €21.00. You can find out more information at www.autna.com/en/.
- Barquense – This company makes four trips on weekdays and two trips on weekends, between Porto airport, Ponte da Barca, Arcos de Valdevez, Ponte de Lima and Viana do Castelo. Tickets cost between €8.00 and €12.00, depending on your destination. You can find out more information at www.barquense.com (Portuguese language only).
- Get Bus - This company offers a 50 min direct connection shuttle service between the airport and Braga or Guimarães. There are 7 routes per day between 09:15 and 23:59 with tickets costings €8.00 per person for a one-way trip. You can book tickets at getbus.eu/en/.
- Goin' Porto – This company offers a low-cost door-to-door shuttle bus service that runs between the airport and the city centre. Fares cost €5.00 per ticket one way or €9.00 for per ticket for a roundtrip. You can book at www.goinporto.com.
- Ovnitur Viagens – This company offers a shuttle between Porto airport, Póvoa de Varzim, Esposende, Viana do Castelo, Lanheses and Ponte de Lima. Fares cost between €4.00 and €9.00 per ticket one way, depending on your destination. You can find out more at www.ovnitur.pt/expresso.php (Portuguese language only).
- Resende Urbanos – This company offers a daily coach service between the airport and Guifões (Bus 120) or São Gens (Bus 105N).
- Transdev – This company offers a shuttle service between the airport and Porto Centro bus station. Fares start at €2.50.
You can also find out information on a private shuttle from Porto airport on our transfers page here.